This Silver Dollar Pancakes Recipe is easy to make and is the perfect addition to Sunday morning. The pancakes are light, fluffy and super rich and creamy due to the sour cream in the batter. This is an easy recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes and will impress everyone at brunch. I love to drizzle maple syrup and sprinkle on some powdered sugar for the perfect breakfast treat! Additionally I will add some fresh fruit to dress it up. Also these pancakes can easily be made dairy-free and gluten-free. Try this Silver Dollar Pancakes Recipe and let me know what you think!
Silver Dollar Pancake Ingredients:
- Sour Cream:3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sour cream are needed. The sour cream allows these pancakes to be rich and creamy but still nice and light.
- Eggs: 2 room temperature eggs are needed for these pancakes to allow them to be moist.
- Flour: Only 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour is needed.
- Sugar: 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar to make it slightly sweet.
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon of salt to balance the flavor.
- Baking Soda: 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder for the pancakes to rise and not be super flat.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING THESE SILVER DOLLAR PANCAKES:
- An electric griddle works best, by allowing you to cook them all at once.
- Put the eggs in warm water for 10 minutes before using to get them to room temperature. This helps all the ingredients blend better together.
- Sifting all the dry ingredients will help make sure all dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- If you are looking to make these pancakes dairy-free, I would recommend Forager Dairy-Free Sour Cream.
- Fresh fruit is the perfect addition to dress these pancakes up.
Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Electric griddle
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Beat together in a bowl sour cream, eggs.
- Sift into another bowl and then whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking soda.
- Mix liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Butter or grease a skillet.
- Scoop small spoonfuls to make small round pancakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side. Serve with butter and syrup.