Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake is a delightful summer cake that you need in your life this summer. Perfectly sweet and tart when topped with fresh whipped cream and blueberry compote. This cake is light and airy. It has the perfect amount of lemon zest to give it a nice zing. All the butter in this cake makes it rich and creamy. The homemade blueberry compote and fresh whipped cream is the perfect topping to this delightful summer cake because of that It is the perfect dessert to your summer bbq’s and celebrations. This cake can also be cut up into cubes put in a mason jar and covered with compote and blueberry compote to make the perfect individual trifle.
Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake Ingredients :
- Unsalted Butter: 13 tablespoons of butter makes this cake rich and creamy.
- Milk: Whole milk works best for this recipe.
- Eggs: 3 Large eggs.
- Vanilla: Pure Vanilla Extract works best.
- Granulated Sugar: Give this cake it’s sweetness and texture.
- All-Purpose Flour: 1 1/2 cups is all thats needed.
- Poppyseeds: 3 Tablespoons is needed.
- Lemon Zest : Do not skimp on the zest, that is what gives this all it’s lemony flavor!
- Baking Powder: Helps the cake rise.
- Salt: Brings out all the flavors.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Is perfect for the fresh whipped cream topping.
- Confectioners Sugar: Sweetens the whipped cream but doesn’t add any texture.
- Blueberries: Fresh blueberries for the compote work best.
Other Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
Tips to make the Perfect Pound Cake:
- Make sure to have all your ingredients be at room temperature to help them combine better.
- Lemon zest in the key to the refreshing lemon flavor.
- The whipped cream and blueberry compote can be made ahead to make it an easier process.
Happy Baking Friends!
Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake
- 8 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ Loaf Pan
- 3 Eggs Large
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 13 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1/8 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Take all ingredients out ahead of time and allow to get to room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in 1/3 of egg mixture and all the butter. Beat on low until combined. Slowly beat in another 1/3 of egg mixture until combined. Put in remaining egg mixture and combine. Scrape bowl down, make sure it’s all combined. Pour into loaf pan, smooth and put in oven for 45 minutes to an hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake cools make whipped cream and compote.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Put blueberries, water and sugar in a small pot over medium high heat. Cook for 8 minutes stirring consistently. Mash partially and let cook for 6 more minutes. Take off heat and let cool.
- Once cake is cooled, top with fresh whipped cream and blueberry compote.