This versatile Lemon and Grapefruit curd recipe can be used in many different desserts and can be made in 15 minutes! They are the perfect tart addition to any sweet treat and they are so easy to make! This curd can be spread on scones, pancakes, crepes, cakes, toast and so much more. It dresses up any dull treat and is the perfect addition to any winter table. This recipe is for one or the other. I made the recipe two times to make one of each. The lemon has the typical lemon curd flavor and was a bit more sweet, where as the grapefruit one has a little bitter zing thanks to the grapefruit zest. This recipe could be used with lime zest and juice along with oranges as well!
Easy Lemon and Grapefruit Curd
- 4 Large egg yolks
- 1/3 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 TBS Lemon zest or Grapefruit zest
- 1/3 Cup Lemon or Grapefruit Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 6 TBS Unsalted softened butter
- Fill a pot with 2 inches of water and place on high heat. Once water boils lower heat to bring to simmer until ready to use.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, honey, salt, lemon juice and zest in a bowl that fits on the pot. Whisk constantly while the curd cooks. Whisking constantly will keep the egg yolk from curdling. Whisk for 10 minutes or until curd has thickened.
- Once curd is thickened remove from put. Cut the butter into 6 pieces and whisk into the curd. Place in a bowl or jar with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator and let cool. It will thicken as it cools more. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 10 days.