These Maple Pecan Small Batch Scones are the perfect addition to afternoon tea or your morning coffee. The perfect sweetness, with the best crunch from the toasted pecans tossed in. This is a small batch recipe so it only makes 8 mini scones. I like to have one with my coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon as a pick me up.These are perfect addition to your fall baking!
MAPLE PECAN SCONES INGREDIENTS
- All-Purpose Flour: To hold it all together.
- Eggs: 1 small egg at room temperature, this helps make sure everything combines well.
- Unsalted Butter: Frozen, this way it won’t melt out during the baking.
- Salt: Tp balance out all the flavors.
- Granulated Sugar: To keep these moist and delicious .
- Pecans: Toasted Pecans are needed to bring out the rich nutty taste. Cook at 300 degree for 9 minutes, flip over and cook for another 5 minutes. Let cool then chop up for rolls.
- Baking Powder:
- Buttermilk: Brings a nice tang to the scones, that balances out the sweetness.
- Powdered Sugar: Brings the perfect sweetness to the drizzle.
- Maple Syrup:
- Milk:Makes it so this isn’t so sweet.
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Maple Pecan Small Batch Scones
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 small Egg Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Pecans chopped
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the frozen butter into the bowl. Using a pastry cutter cut the butter in so that it’s small little crumbs.
- Place mixture in freezer while mixing other ingredients.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together. Mix in with dry ingredients. Mix in chopped pecans until well combined.
- Make one flattened disk with the dough. Cut into 8 triangles.
- Place a few inches apart on a parchment lined sheet pan. Have the point of the scone pointed inwards.
- Put in fridge for 10 minutes before putting in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Stir maple syrup, milk, and powdered sugar together, until well combined without clumps.
- Once scones are completely cooled, dip into icing to cover completely.