I love a good scone. I have found though that i rarely want a big scone to myself. I love creating small batch recipes for scones. This recipe makes 8 mini scones but you can double it to make 16. This is buttery with the perfect amount of sweetness. There are many options of things to put in the scones, I used dried cherries in these scones and it added the perfect amount of tartness to balance out the sweetness. This goes great with iced coffee, or tea!
Mini Cherry Scones
- Rolling Pin
- Sheet Pan
- Mixing bowl
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 small Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries Plumped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut the frozen butter into the bowl. Using a pastry cutter cut the butter in so that it’s small little crumbs.
- Place mixture in freezer while mixing other ingredients.
- *Cover 1/2 cup of dried cherries with warm water in a bowl or let sit over night in water in fridge.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together. Mix in with dry ingredients. Mix in plumped cherries until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk milk and egg yolk together.
- Brush egg wash on scones and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Put in the oven for 18-22 minutes on golden on top. Pull out and let cool for a few minutes before eating!