Ever want to make your own homemade chai latte’s without all the sugar? I got you covered with this homemade chai concentrate recipe! Spicy, and sweet chai is where it is at. I love a good chai latte but sometimes they’re too sweet so I decided to make my own. This concentrate you can make as sweet or spicy as you like. With this recipe you can decide how much sugar you add for yourself.
OTHER ICED BEVERAGES YOU”LL LOVE:
Homemade Chai Spice Concentrate
- 12 Cardamom Pods crushed
- 6 Whole Peppercorns
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 4 inch Piece of ginger sliced
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar or however much you would like
- 2 Star Anise
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Black tea Bags
- Bring all Ingredients except tea bags to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture through strainer and let cool to room temperature. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
- Mix equal parts concentrate with water or milk to make a chai beverage.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.